Chiropractic: You’ve heard the term “medical practice”—that’s because medical science is technically a continuously evolving “practice.” Medicine is not a guarantee, and it is not your only wellness option.
Our health delivery system is not an alternative. It is a proven, medication-free way of approaching your health, your healthcare and your lifestyle.
Chiropractic extends far beyond spinal care. Our system can help you:
- Identify causes and root problems
- Reduce your need for expensive medications
- Decrease your need for sick visits to the doctor
- Expedite recovery times
- Improve your blood pressure, sleep, immunity, depression and much more
You may come to us to solve one problem. The goal, however, is greater than that.
Dr. Sean Kohler and the staff at Kohler Chiropractic can help you take an active interest in your overall health and lifestyle. You may be looking to eliminate neck or back pain, overcome illness or achieve optimal health. No matter what, our goal is to get you totally healthy for good.
The Spine and Your Health
While the body can go days without water, weeks without food, and minutes without oxygen, it cannot last a second without proper nerve supply. The central nervous system controls all health and healing; your spine surrounds and protects it. Find out how your spine relates to your health.
What does my spine have to do with my health?
Your spine surrounds and protects your spinal cord and nerves, which control your organs, muscles, immune system and your body’s natural ability to heal itself.
It’s a big deal.
Your ability to prevent disease relies on the condition of your spine and nervous system. A well aligned spine is a major factor in determining whether your body is producing health (optimum physical, mental and social well-being) or disease. Our doctor’s top priority is to correct your spine to optimize your nerve function. That way every, healthy choice you make has a lasting impact.
What causes the misalignment of my spine?
Spinal misalignment—known as subluxation—can develop from everyday activities. A pinched nerve or an abnormal curvature of the spine can result from any of the following:
- Falls, slips, car accidents
- Sports injuries
- Poor posture (sleep, sitting, driving, position at work, etc.)
A problem can also arise from more complex issues:
- Challenging birth process (particularly with medical intervention such as C-section or vacuum extraction)
- Lifestyle induced disease, such as obesity, that produces further physical strain.
- Any physical, mental, or chemical stress (chemical stress is caused primarily by processed foods, medications, and environmental toxins).
- Not all of these root causes are avoidable, which is why the best way to care for your spine is with a disciplined, proactive approach. A healthy spine and nervous system can diminish serious injury, quicken recovery and promote healing.
How can I tell if I should visit a chiropractor?
Schedule a visit if you currently have or have had chronic or acute neck, back or low back pain. Other key indicators that you need to have your spine checked:
- Immune issues like allergies, and chronic colds and infections
- Difficulty sleeping and fatigue
- Blood pressure issues, or as part of an overall plan to fight illness
A chiropractor can evaluate and adjust your spine to restore proper spinal alignment. An adjustment looks to remove the cause of your symptoms by removing pressure or damage on the nerves that are transmitting the pain or disrupting organ function. Most conditions and symptoms indicate some level of nerve involvement.
Though it is an integral part of patient care, removing pain is not a chiropractor’s chief purpose.
Wellness, true health and optimal performance are a chiropractor’s primary goals.
The best approach to achieving that goal is to take an active role in preventing and reversing serious risk factors that contribute to the production of disease. That process begins with proper spinal adjustment.
What to Expect
Our state-of-the-art facility delivers advanced healthcare techniques that locate the cause of your condition to help us work to eliminate pain and illness for good. Learn what to expect during your first visit, so you can feel comfortable from start to finish.